IN ANY LOCALE
BE LOCAL ENGAGED IMMERSIVE INNOVATIVE CONFIDENT ACCURATE
IN ANY LOCALE
Translation Services That Take You From Concept to Market
Localization is not a one-size-fits-all solution, every business is unique. At Glyph, our services are always tailored to meet our clients’ unique business goals and to help overcome their most complex challenges. Here, you will find comprehensive localization and translation services for Games, Marketing, E-learning, Web, Corporate Communications, Software, Multimedia projects and more. Empower your business to grow globally through a combination of strategic vision, industry-leading tools and practices, top-flight linguist talent, and cultural savvy.
Our Clients Paint a Clear Picture
Frequently Asked Questions
While there is no single template that can be applied to all translation projects, this basic process is followed.
- Scoping: The first step is for us to understand your needs. Once you provide all the materials and objectives required for the project, we can then develop an appropriate structure tailored to your language needs.
- Analysis: The analysis phase is where we quantify the work and identify any language issues present. This phase also includes assessing the project timeline and any support services you may require like desktop publishing, in-context review, or engineering.
- Preparation: During the preparation phase, our support staff extracts text strings out of your source files, imports them into our CAT tool, and then ensures the strings are ready for translation.
- Translation: Within our CAT tool, our subject-matter experienced linguists create culturally atuned translations.
- Editing: Glyph editors then review the work and resolve any issues that may be present. The editing phase ensures the translations are of the highest quality.
- Review: In the event that you have stakeholders in the target market for this project, we can also provide you with the translated content in a review-friendly format for in-market review. This way you can gather your own feedback from native speakers who are familiar with both the goals of your organization and the locale your project is being distributed to.
- Desktop Publishing: The Desktop publishing (DTP) phase is optional. At this point, our staff performs all of the layout and formatting work to match the source materials in the target language.
- Packaging: During the packaging phase, our engineers check for terminological consistency across the project. Following this check, we update the client Translation Memory and prepare the files for delivery.
- Delivery: The best and final stage where we deliver the finalized project to you in the format you require.
Learn more about these individual phases by visiting our Localization 101 page.
There are a number of private agencies in the United States that offer certification to translators who are able to pass the agency’s examination and are willing to pay the certification fee. The most prominent of these is the American Translators Association. Although the majority of Glyph’s translators are certified by one or more of these agencies, we do not require certification because there is little correlation between passing these exams and linguistic quality.
However, if your project requires it, we can ensure that the linguists on your team are certified.
Absolutely! We are more than capable of translating your industry-specific technical documents. Including technical manuals, schematics, patents, material safety data sheets, and a variety of other documents. If you have any questions regarding our technical translation capabilities, please feel welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desktop publishing, localization engineering, and most of our other services are priced on an hourly basis. Minimum charges may apply for short projects under an hour. Larger projects may have a project management fee, which is often a percentage of the overall project. You can learn more about our pricing via our pricing page.
We always assign an appropriate translation team that’s best suited for the individual client and project needs. However, because many industries have their own particular vocabulary, we often assist clients in building a terminology glossary comprised of key industry-specific terms to help our translators promote optimal consistency and accuracy throughout your translated materials. Over time, client feedback, which is shared with our translators, results in an evolutionary process whereby the translators develop a continually improving understanding of the terminology you prefer.
LET’S DO THIS!
Don’t need a quote, just want to talk?